Saturday, July 24, 2010

Saturday Night Live! Cooking edition

So I returned home from my trip late on Thursday night. On Friday, I showed my mother that I was starting up my food blog again. Let me just say, she was as stoked as I was. "Oh, I have so many recipes for you, and you can help me out tomorrow with dinner and there's this fruit dessert recipe I want to try..." So we made a delicious dinner in honor of my Gram, who's visiting currently. And the delicious dinner was.... Apple Pork Chops with green beans, pineapple limeade, and a delicious fruity dessert.


Onward to the pictures and recipes!


Spread the apples in the bottom of the pan... Don't forget to add cinnamon!


Cook the meat thoroughly..

It's cooking! It smelled amazing.

Pop 'em in the pan over the apples.

Put stuffing on top, throw it in the oven, add cheese and...
A delicious dinner!


Pork Chops with Apples and Stuffing
  • 6 boneless Pork Loin Chops
  • 1 Tbs vegetable oil
  • 1 package stuffing mix
  • 1 cans apple pie filling
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 9x13” pans
In a skillet, brown pork chops in oil over medium high heat.  Meanwhile, prepare stuffing according to package directions.  Spread the pie filling into pan. Sprinkle 1 tsp cinnamon over filling.  Place pork chops on top of filling and spoon the stuffing on the top of the chops; cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes.  Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer.  Serves 6.


Just add the ingredients together, mix, and chill!

It was so perfect for a summer evening!


Pineapple Limeade (from Real Mom Kitchen)
  • 1/2 C sugar
  • 3 C pineapple juice
  • 1/2 C lime juice
  • 1 liter club soda, chilled
  • 1 lime, sliced thin and then cut in half

In a large pitcher, mix together the sugar and fruit juices and chill.  Just before serving, add the club soda and lime slices.  Serve over ice.  Makes 8 servings.


Mix up all the fruit together and add the honey..

We used the Greek pudding thing with honey already added. Delicious!

Put some fruit in the cup, and add a generous dollop...

It looks amazing already!

Put more fruit on top, and then another dollop.

It was AMAZINGLY yummy in my tummy.

Fruit Dessert Cup
  • 1 ripe nectarine; pitted and diced
  • 1 C pineapple chunks, diced
  • 1 C raspberries
  • 1 C blueberries
  • 6-8 strawberries; hulled and sliced
  • 2 T honey
  • 2 small containers plain Greek yogurt with honey
  • 6 rolled cookies

In a large bowl combine fruit and 2 T honey, mix to combine.  Mix honey and yogurt together.
In a clear glass or clear plastic cup, place 2 T of the fruit mixture; top with 1 T yogurt; then repeat layers. 
You may chill at this point but only for a short time.  Assemble this when you are close to serving. 
Add cookie and serve.  Makes 6 servings.

3 comments:

Mama Steele on July 25, 2010 at 12:45 PM said...

Any time I can get you to help cook, I am stoked! And it was all yummy!

Mama Steele on July 28, 2010 at 2:54 PM said...

When I did the fruit cups for FHE, I added blackberries and left out the Greek yogurt and the honey. I just mixed up the fruit, put it in the cups, added a dollop (I love that word!) of lite Cook Whip on top and the little cookie... and it was delicious!!!

Unknown on August 5, 2010 at 9:33 AM said...

Oh it all looks great!

 

Katydid Cakes Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template