Monday, September 13, 2010

Kelly's Birthday Cake

To start off, my family is a huge thing to me. My cousin is my best friend in the whole entire world, and so I knew for her eighteenth birthday I needed to do something special. I planned a couple of things, ordered a present and such, but I really wanted to make her a special cake. I spend four hours working on it on Saturday, making my own frosting and hot pink fondant. The cake represented her in her favorite colors- pink and green. Most of the decorations, I admit, were to cover up mistakes in the fondant, but overall, I think it turned out well. It was my first tiered cake and my second fondant cake. I did two layers of white cake on the bottom and two layers of white cake on the top, with buttercream icing in between the layers.


This is me and my amazing cousin, Kelly. Believe it or not, people think we're sisters. Yeah.
Onward to the cake! I'm so proud of it!









Happy 18th birthday, Kelly!

1 comments:

Unknown on September 14, 2010 at 10:48 AM said...

Its amazing!!

 

Katydid Cakes Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template